Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Lots of things are cheaper than a divorce ...

I saw this and thought to myself ... that is such a true statement.  That motorcycle, no matter how expensive or the price tag, will always be cheaper than a divorce.

But then again, almost anything could be pictured ... a house (or two), a car, a vacation, your day-to-day life ... all those things will be cheaper than a divorce.

I don't believe there would have been anyway for anyone to dissuade me from getting married.  It was in my head - it was the "next" thing to do in my life.

Complete College - check.  
Get a Job - check
Travel some - check
Make some money - check
Have fun, get laid - check

I had done all the "things" and it was time (for me it was post 30) to get married, have kids, start a family (with all the right stuff to make it a winning combination - house, cars, daycare, private schools, etc).  So, just sayin' ... no one would have been able to take me off my path ... what I didn't realize at the time, that was just "programming" ... that's what I had been told all my life, that was the plan - in fact, I was late to the party!!

I struggle with keeping that thought in mind today - post divorce (by three years), post breakup with a woman I really wanted to spend the rest of my life with - that it is all just programming (the soft parts of it too), and with any program, it can be changed.

My advice - keep your emotions in check, and always allow your logical side to have a say in what you do - whatever it is ... and marriage is a really big one.  Think about it.

Eyes front Gentlemen.  Live. Learn. Lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only blatant spam will be deleted. An open forum creates new ideas.