Saturday, February 22, 2014

What's in a name...

I'm going to tell you why I came up with the name for this blog and the "handle" I use.  It's not really complicated, but it is important.

I've had a blog since about 2006 or 2005 in some shape or form - so blogging isn't new to me, just the current subject matter.  If you've decided to read through the posts here, you know that (a) I'm divorced (b) I'm a father of 3 kids (c) I've been reading manosphere type material for about 18 months and (d) I'm really just trying to figure out what the next phase of my life will be.

With that said, when I was thinking about what to name this blog - I thought of how in reality, my life is just being recycled - Single, Married, Divorced, Single - and how the choices I've made in my life has brought me to this specific place today.  I also thought about how there are lots of Men my age (some younger, some older) had been recycled also - not just in their personal lives, but also in their professional lives.  And how if you are not active in re-creating yourself - you'll end up in your own junk yard - discarded and rusting away.

All Men need to actively recycle themselves.  If you find yourself in a situation where you feel useless, it's time; if someone "doesn't need you anymore", it's time; if the world passes you by, it's time.  Recycling can take a hundred different paths - new knowledge, new skills, new people, working out, new experiences - but in my mind, it's not about wrapping yourself with new "things" on the outside, it's about upgrading what's inside.

So, basically, I'm one of millions, a recycled male - and I'm working through all the things that are required for me to become the best Man I can be right now.  It's a constant journey, a constant evolution of recycling yourself.  Start early, and upgrade often.

Eyes front Gentlemen.  Live, Learn, Lead.

Thanks to Lucky Lothario for finding this graphic - I don't know where it came from, so if it's yours, or you know the location/artist - I will give full attribution.

4 comments:

  1. hey man........like the place so far

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Cruzer, thanks for stopping by and the comment. Find me on Twitter - couldn't tell if you had one or not. I also, added you to my blog roll so I can keep up with your stuff - read through a bit - really like it.

      Delete
    2. I've got you on Twitter. Do you have a mailing list?

      Delete
  2. Good explanation behind the name.

    Wald

    ReplyDelete

Only blatant spam will be deleted. An open forum creates new ideas.