Sunday, February 9, 2014

Adventures in Singlehood ... about last night

This is more than just last night, but I'll get to that in a second.  Last night was interesting.  It was an exercise in multi-tasking - texting two women, dancing/talking to another, and trying to keep all the conversations straight in my head.

Now, I have to roll by myself most of the time.  I have friends, but most are married - and I usually don't make "plans", more of a spur-of-the-moment kind of thing.  And my favorite haunt shut down a few months ago, and this is a fairly new place.  I've met the bartenders, the owner of the place, and they know me by name (always important) and they know what I drink.  Working on the lock down.

In fact, that's how I met the little sweety from last night.  The place was packed, and she came up to the bar to get a drink (or several for her and her friends).  She was having trouble getting attention, so I leaned over and said "His name if Mike" and she looked at me and "who?" -- me "the bartender, his name is Mike" and I caught his eye and did that upward head nod thing - he took a couple steps, I pointed my head at her and he asked her what she wanted.

Then she leaned over and asked if I was regular - and in my new found snarky style (which I'm trying to perfect) I said "Nope, first night" -- and she looked at me with a mixed look of confusion and intrigue.  Then she started telling me about just coming back from LA, where you don't get to know anyone - and I told her, that you should always know the name of the bartender - even in LA.

Now, all this time, there are texts flying back and forth between two woman - neither local - one is very sexual, one is milder with undertones.  I had to keep those two straight - because one of them, is new, one of them has been around for a while - so subtle for one, overt for the other.  And of course, my new friend - Jessica - was taking a bit of my attention also (but only a bit).  She talked about dancing, and then her friend was dancing / swaying to the music - so I asked her to dance (notice I had not even introduced myself to the friend, Jessica was telling me she wanted to dance, and I asked her friend to dance - I'm starting to see how this stuff works).  So we go dance, and about half way through the song, Jessica comes out to the dance floor and starts dancing in front of me (basically blocking her friend out) - her friend leaves.

Now, I would like to tell you that I locked her down, spent the night escalating, and then took her home and ravaged her body - I didn't.  Remember I was multi-tasking.  So lesson learned - focus is required, because awareness is key, and you can only be aware if you are focused on one thing.  Also, I believe I read somewhere where two friends is workable, more than two is not -- well there were four of them.  Probably not the most workable situation.  Needless to say, I lost focus, she wondered off.  I caught up with her later, but she and her friends were leaving - and I had not quite gotten to that place of building enough comfort for her to either stay with me or leave with me.  Oh well, I had fun anyway (which is the point to most of this anyway),

Now the two I'm texting with - one is woman I've had in and out of my life for the last two years (but not in a sexual way) and the other is someone I met this week while traveling for business.  I'll tell more of that story in another post.

Eyes front Gentlemen.  Live, Learn, Lead.

1 comment:

  1. Awareness is tough to keep up with women. A lot of it is making tactical adjustments on the fly.

    Not always good at making those, but learning from past mistakes can help.

    Wald

    ReplyDelete

Only blatant spam will be deleted. An open forum creates new ideas.