Sunday, January 5, 2014

Get moving...

I am so glad the holidays are through, all the bullshit and expectations - and this year, it was the first post-divorce.  We are now, 5 days into the new year - first day of work is tomorrow after being off for about 2 1/2 weeks.  I didn't do a damned thing for those days, had my kids for some of that time, saw some family and friends, but not much of anything.

I also read lots of stuff out there on the Manosphere/Interwebs and I'm just getting really tired of it all.  Not for the reasons that you'd expect - I really enjoy lots of the articles - but because there is so much of it that is about "getting laid" or "help me with my [GF/Wife]" or "how do I get a quality woman" or any number of articles about "woman".

I get it..and I showed up in this little corner of the internet because I ALLOWED my life to fall apart because my marriage fell apart, because my wife moved out and took the kids, because she started "going out" with the girls months before she moved out, because when I tried to reconnect - I "tried being nice" to her...and it was all so very confusing -- because "it wasn't supposed to work out that way".  So, really, I get the requirement to want to understand how the world really works.

I've gotten to the point, where I've really researched, I've read, I've gained some information - I've even dabbled in taking that information into the real world to test it.  I've just gotten tired of my own lazy bullshit, that getting some new information will make a huge difference in "what I'll do" - cause it won't.  I'm really just tired of myself - my analysis paralysis.

As some sage said ... "it's time to shit or get off the pot" ... and that's the point of the post.  Everyone will get to that place where they have to make the decision to either start the action or admit to themselves that they really don't want to "do this thing".  No matter what that "thing" is - if you want it, wishing about it won't make it happen.  Taking action is the only way to get it.  I'm so fucking tired of being lazy - and now in 2014, it's time to start taking action.

Eyes front Gentlemen.  Live, Learn, Lead.

1 comment:

  1. If you take action - nothing will happen.

    If you don't think - poor performance will get poor results

    ReplyDelete

Only blatant spam will be deleted. An open forum creates new ideas.