Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas...

I remember a year ago, she was crying on my shoulder talking about how sad it was, how Christmas would never be the same (not that it was that year or for the previous couple) - and I soothed her, telling her it would be alright, that I wasn't going anywhere - I would always be there for her.

Call me a pussy, beta - say I have Oneitis - doesn't matter.  I still love her and she will always have a special place in my heart - she is the mother of my children, so she is special from that standpoint.

But there is something very sad about having over 17 Christmas Eves and Mornings together.  Having your kids around you and your wife - opening presents.  I won't have that this year.  In fact, they are with her (and probably Dude) and they will open presents without me.  Oh, they will be here today - and we'll open some presents (but the big ones are going to be bought here in a couple days - once my bonus shows up).  It's not the same - and although there is sadness in my heart for it all, it's really my kids that I really feel for.  This is really their time of year - even once they get older - not for the adults.  It's magic for them, and it was magic for me as a Dad.

I remember putting together toys and bikes and other miscellaneous things out for Christmas morning.  Watching my kids (it was amazing that my kids slept in so much on Christmas morning) and seeing their eyes light up.  I remember one year (it was a really good year), and we had so many presents, they got bored with opening them - and I just laughed.

I used to say this all the time before I went to sleep - and it applies today - "To all the people I love and and will love, good night and God Bless".  Well - to all of you out there, keep your chins up, life moves forward, open your eyes and keep them straight ahead, so you don't miss any of it.

Eyes front Gentlemen.  Live, Learn, Lead.

1 comment:

Only blatant spam will be deleted. An open forum creates new ideas.