Saturday, October 12, 2013

In a corner, where to go now...

OK, fuck it, I'm pissed.  And as much as I'd like to blame other people, and in particular my (x)wife, it all rests on my shoulders.  It is all about my choices, all about my decisions, all about how I've lived my life.

Now some of what I've done has been based upon "programming" of my youth, and other based upon some false assumptions about how things worked in this fucked up world.  Regardless, I can't escape the simple truth that it all comes back to me.  I can't rationalize anything out of that box - I painted myself into the corner - I was the only one painting - it was me, pure and simple.

So, the only thing to do is step up, accept the truth of the situation, and get on with what's left of my life.  Because I've got maybe 20 to 30 years of healthy life left - even if I'm a fit 80 year old, there will be health problems to deal with - probably earlier than my 80th birthday.

The question is what am I going to do in the time between then and now.  That's really the only question that matters for anyone.

Stay strong Brothers.  Live, Learn, Lead.

1 comment:

  1. If you blame yourself for your problems, you are able to do something about them. As soon as the blame lifts from your shoulders, so does your ability to do something about it.

    Wald

    ReplyDelete

Only blatant spam will be deleted. An open forum creates new ideas.