Saturday, September 21, 2013

[UPDATED] Time to experiment...and I give myself a B for Beta

OK, going out tonight, flying solo - I texted and emailed a couple woman to let them know where I was going and when I'd be there, but to tell you the truth, I don't expect any answer or for them even respond.  But it was something I had to do and it represented so little risk, that why the hell not (right).

I'm going to go out to a place that caters mostly to an "older" crowd, don't want to experiment with the clubs that cater to 20 somethings (at least not yet).  My plan is to wear a blazer and white shirt with jeans - basically a very casual look.  I've gained a bit a weight over the summer (working on loosing it) so the jeans will probably be a bit tight, but hey, I'll be standing, not sitting.

Be there between 9 and 10p - hope that's a relevant timeframe - been a while since I've actually gone out.  And then will just have to figure it out from there.  I've been reading about the whole seduction thing - so maybe some of actually has rubbed off.

More later....

Report:  I'm that guy, yea, the one that went out and then stood around and didn't engage anyone else.  I went to two places, the first I went to was more than dead, it was in that Zombie land of people like myself that showed up, paid a cover and then immediately got depressed because the paid money to be in the place.  But, there were two ladies at the bar across from me that I could have chatted up - fairly attractive - but I beta'd out.  Place #2, just down the street was packed, wide age range of both men and women.  It was the first time I'd ever been there and was surprised.  Typical 80's to today dance music - which I can get into, but instead I posted up in the back.  So two cover charges, one cheat ass drink, zero approaches.

So as the saying goes, you get back equal to the effort you put in.  I'll keep you posed.

1 comment:

  1. When in doubt, just start talking to people. If you go to a bar, talk to the guys next to you.

    If you don't know what to say, you have two solid options (out of many):

    A: Look around and watch the people who sit next to you until the initiate conversation. Good with people who are rowdy and get in your space and their friends apologize for disturbing you. Be the cool guy who thinks it's amusing. Tell them your name, ask them theirs, and start flappin' them gums.

    B: Turn to the person on your left or right. Introduce yourself. Proceed to flap those gum gums.

    Wald

    ReplyDelete

Only blatant spam will be deleted. An open forum creates new ideas.