Saturday, August 31, 2013

And the journey begins...

Have you ever wondered "how the hell did I get here?" at certain points in your life?  Obviously, I have, because here I am, getting ready to both look back and look forward.

So, where am I am, you ask...

I'm sitting on the back porch of my life (over 50), tired from the day, but know there is still work to be done.  I'm separated (soon to be divorced), three kids that are growing up and turning into their own people, working to support them (along with their mother), and trying to figure out how the next few decades are going to play out for me.

My goal here is to recount some of my adventures, provide advice for those that might run across this blog in how to miss some of the potholes that I've encountered in life, impart what little wisdom I might have inside me and what hopes and dreams are still alive.

I'm also going to speak openly to Men - I have come to believe that we are destroying the concept of what a man should be in our society - but it's been happening for so long (started before I was born) that we now just take it - we are the frog in the water pot.  To change things, we need to start talking, we need to fix our sights on the target, aim and then shoot.

That's what I want to do, now we'll see if that happens or if I run out of steam.

1 comment:

  1. If you run out of steam, put more coal into the fire!

    I look forward to reading through this blog.

    ReplyDelete

Only blatant spam will be deleted. An open forum creates new ideas.